Friday, 22 April 2016

Lady Midnight- Cassandra Clare (spoilers)




Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Released: March 8, 2016
Pages: 668
Buy it:  Book despository | Amazon

In Lady Midnight we return to the world of Shadowhunters, this is set five years after City of Heavenly fire.  We follow the Los Angles institute where Emma Carstairs along with the Blackthorns kids live and train.  This book is amazing.  It shocked me, made me laugh and cry.

I thought it as great that we could catch up with characters we already knew Clary, Jace, Magnus, Alec, Izzy, Simon, Jem and Tessa.  It seems like it been years since I have caught up with these characters.  I missed the world the characters and the exciting plots.  As well as meting a whole bunch of new characters.  I know that lots of people are sick of the shadowhunters but I was really excited about it.

Emma Carstairs was fun, witty and I am really excited to find out what will happen to her as the series continues.  I also loved all the Blackthorn kids.  Mark, Julian, Livy, Ty, Dru and Tavvy.  I love the way Julian looks after the kids but it also broke my heart that at twelve he had to step up and look after them all.

We finally found out why parabatai love is forbidden.  I had no idea where she was going to go with it but was happily surprised when I found out.  When they are in love parabatai's ruins are more powerful and begin to weld magic until they are driven mad with power.

This book even though it is 668 pages it doesn't feel like it is.  With a great balance of suspense, action and romance it was hard to put down.  I loved every minute of reading it.  From its plot to characters. I do not know how I will wait for the next one.

Anyway I absolutely loved it so I gave it:

5/5

Have you read lady midnight? What did you think of it?  Share your thoughts below.

Gotalovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment