Sunday, 21 February 2016

My top 5 Series

Everyone has there favourite series here are mine.   To narrow it down a bit I have decided to only include completed series and that I needed to read all the books in the series.


5.   The Chronicles of Narnia written by C.S Lewis.  Set in the fictional world of Narnia, tells of adventures are different children as they help shape Narnia.  There are seven books which show the creation till the destruction of Narnia.  It is basically children being called to Narnia, to help set things right. They are short quick reads full of magic, adventure, action definitely a series you should try.

4. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.  This is a series of six books,  which focuses on Shadowhunters.  A shadowhunter are a group of humans that possess Angel blood.  They are tasked with protecting the world from demons and downworlders (warlocks, warwolves, faeries and vampires).  We follow Clary as she teams up with Jace, Isabelle and Alec to try and find her Mother.  On her way she discovers secrets about herself and her family that she thought was possible.  This is full of action, adventure and romance.  Despite the average movie, definitely pick up this series.

3.  Divergent series Veronica Roth.  While I know there are quite a few who did not like this series, or at least how it ended.  So I know not for everyone but personally I really loved this series.  I have read each a few times and each time I still really enjoy it.  This is a trilogy which takes place in a future Chicago.  There is a society where everyone is seperate do into factions each valuing a different trait.  We follow Beatrice(tris) Prior as her choosing day approaches.  A day where you decide which trait you value most.  Tris comes from abnegation but transfers to dauntless.  When she is divergent, Tris must hide who she is or risk being killed dauntless leaders.  This is a pretty recent find but since I first read it I loved it.

2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  Best friends Dhampir Rose Hathaway and Moroi princess Lissa Dragomir have been running from St. Vladimir's Academy for the past two years.  When they return Guardian Dimitri Belikov offers to help rose with her training.  He believes Rose will be an excellent guardian as they have a very rare one sided psychic bond.  The bond allows Rose to see Lissa's thoughts, emotions and where she is.  Rose agrees as it is her only way to remain in the school and eventually become Lissa's guardian on graduation.  These books are filled with twists and turns, action, humour, magic and romance.  Loved it from the beginning I found them fantastic and quick reads.

1.  Harry Potter written by J.K Rowling.  Harry Potter is a young boy who on his eleventh birthday discovers he is a wizard.  Harry is accepted into Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry.  Once there he meets new friends and makes some enemies.   These are full of magical adventures which I loved since I first read them.   I have always love Harry Potter will probably always will love it.  When I read them I can usually get out of a reading slump.  Which I think makes this series such a great book and stays with many people

What about you do you have any favourites?  Any recommendations for series to read? Let us know down below.

Gotalovebooks


No comments:

Post a Comment