Monday, 18 January 2016

Attachments- Rainbow Rowell (spoilers)

Now this is my third Rainbow Rowell book that I have read.  While probably not my favourite book that she has written.  I thought this is still a fantastic first novel and I cannot wait to check out her other books.

Attachments follows three employees at the Courier newspaper.  Two friends Beth and Jennifer spends time emailing each other about their lives.  Who's emails are flagged by the companies security filter.  Lincoln is the IT guy task with going through the flagged emails, ensuring everyone is using them appropriately .  He knows he should send them a warning but instead finds himself reading them to past the time, from his boring job.

Lincoln finds himself interested, in their lives.  While he spends most of his social time with his mother or playing dungeons and dragons.  He finds solace from his life by reading their emails.

The more Lincoln reads the more he finds out about her, the stronger his feelings get.  How are they suppose to meet when he has spends months reading her emails while she has no idea who she is.   When Beth starts talking about her cute guy, you start to wonder whether they will ever meet.

I was really excited to find out the Lincoln was the cute guy.  It is filled with nearly meetings.  He meets many people close to Beth.  Never actually meeting.  

Overall I thought this book was adorable.  I was excited all the way, could not wait to find out what was going to happen next.  I gave it a 4.5/5.

Have you read attachments? What did you think?  Put down your thoughts below.

gotalovebooks


No comments:

Post a Comment